Personal Weblog of Annett Thogersen

Monday, October 16, 2006

Our life in Tsukuba so far

We have now lived in Tsukuba for about 2 months (half way through), and we are finally settling in. Apart from some nasty cultural differences, we have had a lot of fun here and now started to get to know a small crowd of people. I have finally gotten my alien (!) registration card, so now we can finally rent movies (100yen/6Kr pr. movie for 1 week). Not that I at all dislike Japanese TV, which is very funny, but enough is enough. I didn`t think that I would miss TV so much (which I don`t), but I miss chick-flick series, movies and magazines in English sooo much. I missed them so much that I had to start reading chick-flick-books (which I never ever do). But yesterday two girls I met and me rented a movie (Singles), ate chocolate, chips, ice-cream and milkshake. It was great!

Apart from work (which isn’t going in the speed I was hoping for) I have started my Japanese class. I have joined the intermediate course, not the introductory or the beginners, but the intermediate..puh! So it is quite some work. All the five people in my class have done a lot of Japanese before, except from me, so I have to work hard to stay up-float. The grammar is not too difficult, it is just that I don`t know so many words and I am not too comfortable speaking yet. But I am practicing:) And it is a lot of fun!

But I do miss home, and am now looking forward to going home to Norway, eat Norwegian food and see things that I understand:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home